[TYPO3-english] Upgrade from 6.2 LTS to 7 LTS

Michael Schams typo3 at 2017.schams.net
Wed Mar 1 12:47:13 CET 2017

Hi Dennis,

I assume you try the upgrade on a clone of the production site. So you
can "play" around a little without messing up the live site, right?

What happens if you open the Install Tool in your 6.2.30 instance and
run Important Actions -> Compare database

Is the database clean *before* you start to upgrade?

As far as I can see, the following SQL statements fail:

ALTER TABLE pages CHANGE media media int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default
'0';
ALTER TABLE pages_language_overlay CHANGE media media int(11) unsigned
NOT NULL default '0';
ALTER TABLE tt_content CHANGE image image int(11) unsigned NOT NULL
default '0';
ALTER TABLE tt_content CHANGE media media int(11) unsigned NOT NULL
default '0';

Given the fact all other statements don't report an issue, it looks
like a problem with the datatype int(11) and the default value 0 in
quotes.

Which database server and version are you using?
Any special settings?

Cheers
Michael