[TYPO3-english] Re: What is the Server specification to support 20000 Simultaneous User in Typo3?

David Bruchmann davidbruchmann at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 12:17:14 CEST 2017

Hi,

in general I'm the wrong person perhaps to answer because my projects usually are not visited so much that it could be critically for a common server.
But as nothing came for some time already I try to answer some basics:
- You can consider Nginx instead of Apache-Server or additionally. If additionally then it's running as Proxyserver, serves files directly and handles PHP-Requests over to Apache.
-  Concerning the 20000 TYPO3 Accounts it's not so clear what you mean with that, it could be 20000 TYPO3 installations, or one installation with 20000 users in backend or frontend.
- If you expect much load of the server it might be advisable to build a network of several servers for the domain. This is not related to cloud-computing (even you could consider that too) but only to satisfy the requested loads on memory, processor-time and hdd-access.
- Like mentioned before you can consider installing the TYPO3-Installation(s) in the cloud like Amazon AWS or Google Cloud, then you're probably much more flexible.
- Calculating the real needs is with your limited details not possible and probably you never know by yourself exactly how much memory or other resources you need, so it's impossible to give you detailed specifications.