[TYPO3-english] Fluid Partials

Lee M. Childress leemchildress at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 9 01:30:05 CEST 2017

I haven't used Typo3 since 2012 so I knew there would be a learning curve, but I'm just stumped.

I have Typo3 8.7.3 installed. I have my home page displaying just fine. But now I want to turn my footer into a partial so I can create my other page layouts.

In my Template Setup, I have:

page.10 = FLUIDTEMPLATE
page.10 {
    page.typeNum = 0
    format = html
    file = fileadmin/Marshall_County_Today/Templates/pctoday-home.html
    partialRootPath = fileadmin/Marshall_County_Today/Templates/Partials/
    variables {
        content < styles.content.get
        contentRight < styles.content.getRight
    }
}

In my Partials folder I have an html file called footer-html.html which has the html for my footer.

In my html template I have:

<f:render partial="footer-html" /> where I want my footer inserted.

Everywhere I read says this should work, but all I get is a screen which says "Oops, an error occurred" with no detail of the issue. What am I doing wrong?