[TYPO3-english] Re: Default language still a must?

Urs Braem info at ursbraem.ch
Tue Jan 24 11:57:22 CET 2017

Thanks Mark!

I see  probably I had that in mind from NEOS.

> You can however already use any language of your choice for a content element and choose on what "base language" record you want to translate (copy) from.

Yeah that should be enough. Pages are no big problem.  More important that translation works on record level. I remember there were some bugs with  Language=ALL, not sure if connected to https://forge.typo3.org/issues/57272 or not.

I wonder if 8 LTS solve the most urgent/longstanding language issues. Actually,that's the core of my question (which I don't dare to ask :-))

Best regards
Urs