[TYPO3-english] $TCA image filelist-module is not beening updated

Jacco van der Post jacco at id-internetservices.com
Wed Jan 4 18:39:04 CET 2017

Hi Muriel,

Op 4-1-2017 om 15:58 schreef Muriel le Pair:
 > Op 22-12-16 om 18:41 schreef Jacco van der Post:
 >> Did you also check the model of tx_news?
 >
 > Yes, but I don't understand how the domain model is intertwined with the
 > TCA.
 >
 > If I add a image in the BE of TYPO3, I would expect that this is taken
 > care of by the TCA.
 >
 > So could somebody please give me a hint.

It ain't that hard ;-) Simple example; in the model

     /**
      * Thumbnail
      *
      * @var \TYPO3\CMS\Extbase\Domain\Model\FileReference
      */
     protected $thumbnail;

     /**
      * Sets the Thumbnail
      *
      * @param \TYPO3\CMS\Extbase\Domain\Model\FileReference $thumbnail
      * @return void
      */
     public function
setThumbnail(\TYPO3\CMS\Extbase\Domain\Model\FileReference $thumbnail)
     {
         $this->thumbnail = $thumbnail;
     }

     /**
      * Returns the Thumbnail
      *
      * @return \TYPO3\CMS\Extbase\Domain\Model\FileReference
      */
     public function getThumbnail()
     {
         return $this->thumbnail;
     }

In the TCA of the record:

         'thumbnail' => [
             'label' => 'bla',
             'config' =>
\TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\ExtensionManagementUtility::getFileFieldTCAConfig(
                 'thumbnail',
                 array(
                     'appearance' => [
                         'createNewRelationLinkTitle' =>
'LLL:EXT:cms/locallang_ttc.xlf:media.addFileReference'
                     ],
                     'maxitems' => 1,
                 ),
                 $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['GFX']['imagefile_ext']
             ),
         ],

And of course thumbnail should be in the interface and show item
definitions in the TCA.

In ext_tables.sql

thumbnail int(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,

will do. You need to update the database in the install tool after
editing the sql.

--
Kind Regards

Jacco van der Post