[TYPO3-english] MultiSite with different Provider extensions...

Jaco Graaff jacograaff at spacexplorer.co.za
Fri Feb 10 01:08:45 CET 2017

I am building a new site
My desire is to have different templates for two sub-domains within same
Typo3 BE to be able to share data between the two

I am creating a Provider Extension as per the fluidTypo3.org suggestion
using fluidpages.
https://fluidtypo3.org/documentation/templating-manual/templating/provider-extension/generating-extensions.html

this is the idea

--ext
    |--ss_viralsite (viral.domain.co)
    |--ss_website  (www.domain.co)

(the Alphabetic order is important to this problem)

both have a \ext\{ss_website}\ext_tables.php page
and each have this setting:

--------------------------
\TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\ExtensionManagementUtility::addTypoScript($_EXTKEY,
'constants', '<INCLUDE_TYPOSCRIPT:
source="FILE:EXT:ss_website/Configuration/TypoScript/constants.txt">');
\TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\ExtensionManagementUtility::addTypoScript($_EXTKEY,
'setup', '<INCLUDE_TYPOSCRIPT:
source="FILE:EXT:ss_website/Configuration/TypoScript/setup.txt">');

-------------------------
&
--------------------------
\TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\ExtensionManagementUtility::addTypoScript($_EXTKEY,
'constants', '<INCLUDE_TYPOSCRIPT:
source="FILE:EXT:ss_viralsite/Configuration/TypoScript/constants.txt">');
\TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\ExtensionManagementUtility::addTypoScript($_EXTKEY,
'setup', '<INCLUDE_TYPOSCRIPT:
source="FILE:EXT:ss_viralsite/Configuration/TypoScript/setup.txt">');

-------------------------

I have used the setting:

--------------------------
plugin.tx_ssviralsite {
	siteRootInheritance = 0

--------------------------

in both

PROBLEMS:
I only see the last Provider Extension's Template in the Typo3 BE
This might be because they overwrite each other by registering them both
to flux

\FluidTYPO3\Flux\Core::registerProviderExtensionKey($_EXTKEY, 'Content');

if I exclude the constants & setup file form ext_tables.php then I see
the second provider's (ss_website) in both but the first provider's
(ss_viralsite) together with the second in (ss_website)

e.g.

ss_viralsite BE - see the templates/Page Layouts declared in ss_website

ss_website BE - see the templates/Page Layouts declared in BOTH
ss_website and ss_viralsite (note: this will fail because it looks in
the ss_website tree for ss_viralsite "Partials")

Has anyone successfully made use of Different Provider Extension on a
Multi-site Typo3?

Any advice

At this stage I am just going to create one template - but there will be
unnecessary js and css except if I write a lot of conditional TS
depending on the domain of the "Branch"