[TYPO3-english] Typo 3 core update - showing wrong version number?

Daniel N. daniel.neugebauer at istplanbar.de
Sat Feb 4 23:55:26 CET 2017

Hello everyone,

i just installed Typo 7.6.10 for testing purposes (as shown in [1]) and tried to upgrade it to the latest version (7.6.15) through the core updater. Everything seemed to be successful, but TYPO3 still claims to be at 7.6.10 (although I already did the database analyzer changes, etc...).

Is this an actual issue or just a display error?
How can I verify, if the installation was successful? (the updater still wants to update, but skips most of the steps)
Is there a way to fix this?
Did I miss something through the upgrade process?

I already checked the symlink, which is pointing to the new version: typo3_src -> ../typo3_src-7.6.15/

Any hint would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Daniel

[1] docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/InstallationGuide/QuickInstall/GetAndUnpack/Index.html