[TYPO3-english] Built in TCA image field - how to render?

Glenn S glenn.searby at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 16:53:54 CEST 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to add a content element to TYPO3 which will display 1 image, full width with a caption overlaid over it.

I added a TCA type called captionedImage which includes the 'image' field (see https://pastebin.com/KynjyjQY), and this appears to more or less work, although I don't know where the image field comes from.

Having done this, I can add my content type in the backend, and see that it includes a place to reference or upload files .

My question is: how do I then use this in my templates (current attempt: https://pastebin.com/shzCjX7z).

If I write {data.image} it renders the number of images I added.

If I use the f:for viewhelper with data.image it doesn't appear to have any iterations in it.

So, how do I iterate over this object? And, once I have done, where do I go to look up what fields are available?

Thanks,
Glenn