[TYPO3-english] Reverse proxy breaks backend URLs

Mark Boland mark.boland at boland.de
Thu Apr 6 11:16:28 CEST 2017

Hi Glenn,

try to use your external URL as Server Name and your internal as one of your Server Aliases in your web server’s config (not easy to accomplish with server_name in Nginx). I don’t know exactly how the URLs of various parts and extensions in the backend are constructed, but by using this setting, scripts that prepend the HOST_NAME to build their URLs will simply add the default name.

In Nginx, the HOST_NAME will automatically be built from the request (which will be your internal one). You may have to rewrite the requests, then.

Cheers,
Mark