[TYPO3-english] Tracking, Analytics, or Statistics of Frontend Logged in Users

Scotty C superscotty19 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 26 23:59:10 CEST 2016

Hi everyone,

I have a request to upload a video to either TYPO3 or Vimeo (Vimeo Pro is nice because it has a lot of analytics associated with the video)

The client wants to have the video publicly available but also more importantly they want to be able to see which users watched it, along with what their entry/exit points were.

At this point, I only know of 2 options:
1.) Upload to vimeo for the "heat map" stats, then embed the video in a login-restricted page of TYPO3. Problem is, TYPO3 doesn't have any way of tracking what pages a frontend user clicked on
2.) Same as (1), but we make a "Click here to watch video" link that is really a powermail form that submits tracking data to a separate database. Only problem is, it won't provide exit page.

Can TYPO3 (or an extension of it) do what I'm describing?

Thanks,
-Scott.