[TYPO3-english] Run a task from typo3?

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Sun Sep 18 11:58:25 CEST 2016

Hi,

On 16/09/2016 16:21, Alexandra Constantin wrote:
> I have to send an e-mail to the user after he created an event.
>
> First time I have created a task from the backend and set from the form
> the date and the hour and the e-mail was sent, but now I want to send
> the e-mail from php code automatically..
> How can I schedule a task to run at a certain time from php code in my
> controller and not from the Backend -> Scheduler but have the same results?

I would create a queue for the mails you want to send (if you built an
extbase extension you can create a nice domain object for queue items).

Next you make a scheduler task that takes the items from the queue which
are due and sends the emails (and after that removes them from the queue
or marks them as sent).

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor