[TYPO3-english] Add an external database and show content

Dave Zen foxxdav at yahoo.de
Wed Sep 7 12:11:37 CEST 2016

Hello,

I'm a beginner in developing websites using Typo3 7.6.10 and I want to add an external database which has multiple tables and one table consists of news (date, newstitle, newscontent, author,.. ). I want to ouput those informations with Typo3 (a simple unstyled text would be enough) but I have no clue how to do that. Which Typo3 files do I have to edit and how does the TypoScript-code look like to output the news DB informations? I have installed the dbal extension but I have no idea how to configure this extension to make it work.

Maybe someone can write a little tutorial with the necessary steps so that this will work.

Thank you very much :)