[TYPO3-english] poor vision (cecutient) FE Template

David Bruchmann david.bruchmann at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 05:48:22 CET 2016

> Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2016 09:51:29 +0100
> From: Alex Borodinov <njuman.alex at ya.ru>
> Subject: [TYPO3-english]  Re: poor vision (cecutient) FE Template
> To: typo3-english at lists.typo3.org
>
> Hi, sorry for my English. I just was looking for an possibility to change
> the frontend templates (or maybe template css styles) on the fly (when a
> user is surfing my site and he wants to change the whole site style). For
> now i found a solution to change the css files dynamically using
> javascript. Maybe you know, is it possible using somewhat else - typoscript
> or fluid templating?
> I hope my question is clear now :)

Hi,

By changing one parameter in the URL be a special navigation for the style
you could deliver a complete different template or change javascript and
css that is delivered.
The obvious parameter that could be used for it is the "type", common pages
have the type 0 and further pages are sometimes used for print-layout,
RSS-feeds and PDFs of the current page.
But you can use "type" for any purpose and it's a stable solution deliver a
different versions of a page,
Consider that you've to adjust styling not only for the page itself but
also for extension-templates perhaps.