[TYPO3-english] cloning site - HTTP 500 error

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Wed Oct 12 15:40:30 CEST 2016

Hi,

On 09/10/2016 13:57, Brandon Walsh wrote:
> Now I get an HTTP 500 error! I think this may be related to Apache or
> PHP rather than to Typo3 directly, but perhaps someone here could point
> me in the right direction of where to find a solution to this issue? I
> have googled and found lots of suggestions but nothing has worked for me
> so far. Where would you start to solve this problem?

Usually there is more information in the apache error log. In the apache
configuration it should be listed where it should write errors to
(possibly per domain a different log).

It's no use guessing what may be wrong on such a general error number.
It could that the memory limit is too low, PHP modules missing, missing
apache modules, and many other things.

If you try to access the site again and look at the same time in the
error log what is added then people might help you further with the
specific problem.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor