[TYPO3-english] inherited typo3 site. How to add tracking code

paul campagna paulcampagnamail at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 19:47:27 CET 2016

I unfortunately inherited a site built with typo3. I hate it. I'm coming from direct HTML and this CMS is not anywhere near as easy and just writing and uploading immediately instead of having to create  templates, etc etc,

Since I have no choice but to use this, I need to add tracking code with the page name on all 200 pages.  There is currently a generic code on each page, but I can't find that code anywhere in the back-end to even see it, let alone change it and add it to each page.

So my question is where would I even look for the code? I have tried to copy and paste the source code to search for it, but nothing is being found.

Please tell me how to first find the code (generic) then how to add specific code to each page.

I also want to clone it and move it to a different server, but baby steps.

thank in advance.

Paul