[TYPO3-english] 4.5-> 6.2 Upgrade issue

Mikel lists at con-version.com
Thu Nov 10 11:58:55 CET 2016

Hi,

t3lib has been completely removed in 6.2.
Installed extensions must be compatible with version 6.2. Otherwise you won’t get rid of the fatal errors.

This extension is outdated and was not adjusted to the new core.
https://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/rss_aggregator <https://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/rss_aggregator>

So you need to uninstall or upgrade the extension yourself (set namespaces, remove includes to t3lib, replace existing method calls to non-existing methods, etc).
There is an extension which could help you doing that —> smoothmigration —> https://github.com/nxpthx/typo3-upgradereport <https://github.com/nxpthx/typo3-upgradereport>
But you might be needing some coding experience, as this extension will just help you find the most common changes (depends on rss_aggregator and the methods it used).

My recommendation: look, if there is a newer extension which fits to your needs. Outdated extensions can be a security risk.