[TYPO3-english] wec_map 3.1.3, API

Axel Joensson a.joensson at web.de
Sun Nov 6 18:39:39 CET 2016

Jan Bartels <j.bartels at arcor.de> wrote:

> Am 23.10.2016 um 19:17 schrieb Axel Joensson:
[...]
> > First question: Which API key would you like me to register?
[...]
> You'll need a JavaScript (aka Browser) API key and a Server API key.

Thx, I found the Google Maps JavaScript API, but still no "Server API
key" in the lists offered at
https://console.developers.google.com/apis/library/...? Is there
possibly yet another name for this Server key? The restriction to the
domain name (which I chose) cannot be meant by this?

And as I saw in the loads of documentation at the developers console,
there seems to be a "free limit per day" of 25,000 calls per day, with
0,50 US$ being charged for every 1,000 calls in excess.

Do I get this right that if e.g. some nasty guy starts flooding "my"
website (I am registered with e-mail address as admin at the developer's
console) with requests in a DDoS manner, I will be billed for the
excessive calls?

That would mean the immediate end of integrating Google maps in all of
my projects, before even understanding this strange procedure.

Regards,
Axel