[TYPO3-english] Typo3 4.5.11 to 6.2 Upgrade

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Sat May 7 10:32:46 CEST 2016

Hi,

On 06/05/2016 22:14, Wiesław Golsz wrote:
> According suggestions, I update to Typo3 to v4.5.40 and tried to upgrade
> to 6.2. but received this same error -
>
> /Oops, an error occurred! TYPO3 Fatal Error: No database selected!
>
> 'DB' => array(
>         'extTablesDefinitionScript' => 'extTables.php',
>         'host' => 'localhost',
>         'password' => 'mypassword',
>         'port' => 3306,
>         'username' => 'db_username',
> /
> No db name. How I can set my db in /LocalConfiguration.php/?

	'DB' => array(
		'database' => 'typo3_62',
		'extTablesDefinitionScript' => 'extTables.php',
		'host' => '*******',
		'password' => '*******',
		'port' => 3306,
		'username' => '******',
	),

Note that in 4.x you can add settings and code to localconf.php and they
were preserved if you changed settings in the Install Tool. In 6.2 the
LocalConfiguration.php file is completely rewritten with each change
(changed setting in Install Tool, changes in installed extensions, ...).

If you need complicated code to make settings in your installation you
can add these to a file "AdditionalConfiguration.php" in the same
directory as LocalConfiguration.php

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor