[TYPO3-english] Typo3 4.5.11 to 6.2 Upgrade

Wiesław Golsz golsz at interia.pl
Fri May 6 17:14:52 CEST 2016

Thank you very much Mark,

This is not a problem of the "last" version 4.5 - I use 4.5.11

The first problem - creation typo3_src symlink

My admin solved the problem, but temporarily - with SSH.

I have tried to recreate the symlinks suggested at:
https://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/InstallationGuide/QuickInstall/GetAndUnpack/Index.html

and some other notification have appeared at:
http://6.domain.com/typo3_src-6.2.22/typo3/sysext/install/Start/Install.php

Therefore, my question is whether the installation (upgrade to 6.2) is
possible without SSS?

Second problem - on the 3 (of 5 stages) appears in a standard window:
/Select database, you have two options: Select, use an existing empty
database/: etc. But I can not make a selection and choose a specific
database. It is gray and "dead", no response. The same I can not create
a new database.

Cheers,