[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 CMS 8 and PHP7

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Wed May 4 20:59:27 CEST 2016

Hi,

On 04/05/2016 16:54, "HocomAdvies [ 🌷 Wiechert Hooghwinkel ]" wrote:
> I’m wondering how to deal with different TYPO3 versions and PHP since
> TYPO3 8.1 needs PHP 7 and older versions are running on php 5. The
> dedicated server set-up is with Debian 8 and PHP 5.6.19 and apache2,
> that’s fine for TYPO3 6.x and 7.x. Updating php to version 7 would
> probably cause problems with these older versions of TYPO3. Right?

I had a similar challenge on my local development machine (not Debian by
the way). If you run PHP as apache module then you are limited to a
single PHP version for each running apache.
You could fire up multiple apache instances, each with its own
configuration and thus with different PHP versions.

An alternative is to run PHP in (F)CGI mode. That way you can define the
location of the PHP directory for each vhost.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!