[TYPO3-english] Why backend list module view Page Backend Layouts uid, not title?

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Wed Mar 16 16:27:20 CET 2016

Hi,

On 15/03/2016 21:46, Philipp Gampe wrote:
> Hi Robert Gonda,
>
> Robert Gonda wrote:
>
>> Is this can be changed via the TCA?
>
> Yes, this can be configured via TCA:
>
> https://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/TCAReference/Reference/Ctrl/Index.html#label

In this case I have my doubts. The data of the available backend layouts
(in the select box) is generated by a function (it comes from various
sources; records, in TYPO3 7 also from Page TSconfig, various extensions
can get the data from files, etcetera).

The List module can process quite a number of situations with table
relations, but I couldn't find any code that used user functions to
retrieve labels. It could probably be done, but currently it's not
supported.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor