[TYPO3-english] Re: Templavoila is outdated ?

TSniper masmoudi_moha at yahoo.fr
Fri Mar 11 17:10:56 CET 2016

Quote: Jigal van Hemert (jigal) wrote on Fri, 11 March 2016 13:44
> Hi,
>
> On 11/03/2016 11:57, TSniper wrote:
> > Can any body explain why i can not use Templavoila when i upgrade my
> > project from 6.2 to 7.4 version ?
> > The upgrade process tell me that i must uninstall Templavoila because it
> > is uncompatible.
> > Also when i visit Typo3 TER website, i found that it is mentioned as
> > outdated.
>
> TemplaVoilà is no longer maintained. There was a small group that
> released a version that was compatible with 6.2. They also tried to make
> it compatible with 7 LTS, but after some attempts with earlier versions
> of 7.x the changes in the core made it necessary to make larger
> modifications and even rewrite parts of the code of TV.
>
> The upgrade to 7 LTS will also mean that you have to migrate to a
> different page templating system (Fluid templates and backend layouts
> being the most obvious) and convert FCEs to a different solution (FCEs
> which do not have areas that can contain other content elements can be
> converted into your own custom content element or into gridelements;
> FCEs with content element containers can be converted to gridelements)
>
> --
> Jigal van Hemert
> TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor
>
> TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
> Get involved: typo3.org

Thank you for those informations, what do you recommand for custom fces (Text+images+custom buttons) ?
What can i do for custom extensions, the upgrade process tell me to uninstall them all before i can go to the next step ? these extensions are all pi base. Can you tell me how to migrate them with their content ?