[TYPO3-english] Templavoila is outdated ?

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Fri Mar 11 13:44:50 CET 2016

Hi,

On 11/03/2016 11:57, TSniper wrote:
> Can any body explain why i can not use Templavoila when i upgrade my
> project from 6.2 to 7.4 version ?
> The upgrade process tell me that i must uninstall Templavoila because it
> is uncompatible.
> Also when i visit Typo3 TER website, i found that it is mentioned as
> outdated.

TemplaVoilà is no longer maintained. There was a small group that
released a version that was compatible with 6.2. They also tried to make
it compatible with 7 LTS, but after some attempts with earlier versions
of 7.x the changes in the core made it necessary to make larger
modifications and even rewrite parts of the code of TV.

The upgrade to 7 LTS will also mean that you have to migrate to a
different page templating system (Fluid templates and backend layouts
being the most obvious) and convert FCEs to a different solution (FCEs
which do not have areas that can contain other content elements can be
converted into your own custom content element or into gridelements;
FCEs with content element containers can be converted to gridelements)

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!