[TYPO3-english] Key features of Typo3 for not Typo3 consultants

Michael Schams typo3 at 2016.schams.net
Thu Mar 10 12:24:44 CET 2016

Hi Giuseppe!

Find a non-technical opinion below.

> But I can't get to use it for our customers, due to our web job is
> done mainly by a person accostumed to wordpress and Joomla. I don't
> find ways to use it as as our main CMS for our customers with success,
> because my main web consultant don't likes Typo3 too much.

Depending on the size of the company you are working for, the choice of
the system and services you offer around it, should be a strategic
decision, not a decision of one person alone (not yours, maybe not the
main web consultant).

Also depending on the size and vision/mission of your company, multiple
products may co-exist, e.g. WordPress and Joomla and TYPO3 CMS. The
requirements of your clients and their projects should control which
system is the best fit (not the taste of a consultant).

> Not so easy as Joomla/Wordpress, High learning curve, more time demanded
> to build a site, templating [...], more extensions possiblities with
> Joomla or Drupal, no woocommerce*, etc...

Yes, well, maybe some of these opinions are not totally wrong :-)
TYPO3 CMS is an enterprise content management system, WordPress is a
Blog system (which evolved to a CMS more or less) - IMO.

Flying a plan requires a little bit more knowledge and training than
riding a bicycle ;-)

> The problem is I'm tired of vulnerabilities and I'm trying again to
> impose again Typo3 as our main CMS, for this reason, I ask for advice
> on how to "sell" to our main web consultant that Typo3 is the best
> option [...]

Don't fight against him, don't try to convince him by all means. If he
does not want to listen, he won't listen.

Find a project that is a challenge for WordPress or Joomla and seek
advices from the TYPO3 community, what would be possible.

Present pretty cool TYPO3 websites (see links below) and maybe ask your
main web consultant about workspaces, localisation (incl. language
detection), Solr integration, etc. in WordPress/Joomla.

https://www.t3blog.com/
http://welovet3.com/

Organise a casual talk or workshop and present the basic concepts of
TYPO3 CMS to your colleagues, your boss, etc. as an "alternative option
when your clients want more than just a website" :-)

Get in touch with the TYPO3 Marketing Team:
https://typo3.org/teams-committees/marketing/

If all your clients are very, very happy with WordPress/Joomla and your
company makes a lot of money with it (incl. your web consultant) and
neither your clients (and potential new clients) nor your company is
interested in other systems... but you are... consider changing the
company :-)

If you are not happy with the product(s) and/or services your company
offers, you are not the first one who moves on.

Cheers
Michael