[TYPO3-english] Key features of Typo3 for not Typo3 consultants

Bernd Wilke t3n at pi-phi.de
Thu Mar 10 08:43:37 CET 2016

Am 09.03.2016 um 21:44 schrieb Giuseppe L.:
> Hi all,
>
> I like a lot Typo3 since a lot of years, and we used as CMS for our
> website about 3 years ago.But I can't get to use it for our customers,
> due to our web job is done mainly by a person accostumed to wordpress
> and Joomla. I don't find ways to use it as as our main CMS for our
> customers with success, because my main web consultant don't likes Typo3
> too much.
> Not so easy as Joomla/Wordpress, High learning curve, more time demanded
> to build a site, templating (we tried to use TV with Artisteer without
> success in the past), more extensions possiblities with Joomla or
> Drupal, no woocommerce*, etc.... , and so on. To clarify, right now we
> work with Themler, a tool thath can give us the HTML needed for the
> template.
>
> Last years, we were working with Wordpres Joomla and Drupal, but mainly
> Joomla.
> The problem is I'm tired of vulnerabilities and I'm trying again to
> impose again Typo3 as our main CMS, for this reason, I ask for advice on
> how to "sell" to our main web consultant that Typo3 is the best option
> against "the 3 others" to build the corporate websites of our customers,
> links or tutorials to show thath templating is not a nightmare, and so
> on...
>
> Thanks to all.
>
> * With no woocommerce, I mean some "little" shop solution with spanish
> payments gateways and so easy to setup.

I will give you a short answer, you may consult Mathias Schreiber [1]
for more information. He may assists you in spreading the word about TYPO3.

I think without an integrator which has a good knowledge about TYPO3 it
will stay hard. But on the other hand: every knowlege gathered with
TYPO3 will bring you to a stable and secure CMS :)

the days of TV are gone. TV has some drawbacks which some successors
also have.
the best way for you is fluid and the core extension
Fluid-Styled-Content for own/new content elements. it is a templating
engine similar to smarty. meanwhile most extensions use fluid for
templating.

theming a website is not so easy than in wordpress, but there is a small
community which wants to change it and already provides some themes.

there are some shop-solutions, but I have no clue about spanish payment
gateways. but TYPO3 is open and has the possibility to enhance it
everywhere (if you are/have a good PHP programmer)

[1] Mathias is product owner of TYPO3. you may reach him via slack. get
your invitation to slack here: https://forger.typo3.org/slack

bernd