[TYPO3-english] cookieDomain issue [SOLVED]

Loek Hilgersom loek at netcoop.nl
Sat Mar 5 00:13:57 CET 2016

Hi Jigal and others,

I finally got around digging into this and found the solution is NOT the
cookieDomain setting. The essential goal is that the BE and FE login sessions
can be shared across the subdomains. Setting the cookieDomain like
/\.(sub1|sub2|sub3)\.domain\.com$/ allows cookies to be set for the matching
domains, but does not allow the cookie to be shared across the subdomains,
because the browser will not allow cookies for one subdomain to be seen by another.

The solution I found is modifying the [BE] and [FE][cookieName] settings for the
test and acceptation environments. Problem solved!

The cookieDomain stays set to .domain.com, (and .test.domain.com /
.acceptation.domain.com for the other environments, though they would also work
with .domain.com)

Hope this helps anyone.
Loek