[TYPO3-english] Extension Manager fails creating 1.mirrors.xml.gz

Luis E. Suarez nospam at please.com
Sat Jun 18 22:45:00 CEST 2016

Hi all, need some help.

I have installed TYPO3 6.2.25 and everything was running fine for a
couple of weeks until something happened with the Extension Manager.

Each time I try to get/update extensions from Repository I get this error:

Update Extension List
XML error mismatched tag in line 6 of file resource compress.zlib:
/typo3temp/1.mirrors.xml.gz.

The .gz file is damaged, so I uploaded a good one from my local machine
to the site, but as soon as I try to get new extensions the gz file
results  damaged again.

I cleared the whole typo3temp and the problem persists: the new .gz file
created is damaged as well.

As a matter of fact the server is creating .gz files correctly as is
another TYPO3 site in same account.

It seems to me that the Extension Manager can't read nor create the .gz
file correctly but can't figure out what could be wrong.
Apache reports no errors.

I can live without the Extensions Repository but I am concerned about
what other consequences might result from this failure, so any help will
be appreciated.

Thanks
Luis