[TYPO3-english] [OffTopic] Formatting of "->" in PhpStorm

Tobias Pinnekamp typo3 at tpinne.de
Mon Jun 13 15:28:19 CEST 2016

Hi everybody,

this topic isn't TYPO3 related, but I think that PhpStorm is a popular IDE in this community. So I thought this might be a good place to get a little attention of a much needed but missing feature.

PhpStorm lacks an option for code formatting the "->" operator with spaces around it. I think many of us had to tackle this problem because it's either the own coding style or has been demanded by a project or client.

There exists a ticket for this feature for a few years now at JetBrains https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/WI-12067. It would be great if this feature gets some additional votes to gain more attention at JetBrains. Because it should be really easy to implement for them.

Best regards
Tobi