[TYPO3-english] check if column has content

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Thu Jun 9 08:11:56 CEST 2016

Hi,

I want to check in fluid template if a column has content and render
differently if there is no content.

In stackoverflow I found the solution below, and I have it workin in
6.2.x installation, but can't get it working in 7.6.x. Now do you know
if something changed in this or should I find the error somewhere in my
code?

In TypoScript file:
lib.contentInColPos0 < styles.content.get
lib.contentInColPos0.select.where = colPos = 0

In Template file:
<f:if condition="{f:cObject(typoscriptObjectPath:'lib.contentInColPos0')}">
     <f:render section="Main" />
</f:if>

source:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27052098/how-do-i-check-for-column-content-in-a-typo3-fluid-template