[TYPO3-english] Flexform : foreign_table_where is not working properly when we use REC_FIELD

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Sun Jun 5 09:12:07 CEST 2016

Hi,

On 04/06/2016 16:17, David Bruchmann wrote:
> this is not working without FlexForms but with common definition in TCA too.
> I just have the same problem where I want to limit of found data.
> So your problem is related to the core but not to FlexForms.

You could try to add the category field to the [ctrl][requestUpdate]
option in TCA. When the category is changed the form will be updated
(after confirmation from the user) and the new value can be used to
filter another field.
I think it should also work with flexforms.

> Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2016 16:00:06 +0530
>> From: Jainish Senjaliya <jainishsenjaliya at gmail.com>

>> <foreign_table_where> TABLE_NAME.category =
>> ###REC_FIELD_settings.category### </foreign_table_where>
>>
>> But this is not working at all

This is used during the rendering of the form. It's not updated on the
fly when the value of the referred field has changed. If you need that
you need to build custom fields that do Ajax request to repopulate the
select fields.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor