[TYPO3-english] Clickable glyphicon - typoscript menu

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu Jul 7 11:31:17 CEST 2016

Hi,

On 07/07/2016 11:06, Tom Warwick wrote:
> I've created a typoscript menu that inserts a unique glyph icon followed
> by a page title for every item in my menu.
>
> NO.allWrap = <li><span class="glyphicons
>
> What I'd like to do is make the glyphicon clickable aswell, but I'm
> unsure how to wrap both items in a single a-tag.

There are plenty of wraps and options available:

allWrap: wraps the whole item (the link and the linkWrap)

linkWrap: wraps the link itself

ATagBeforeWrap: modifies .linkWrap: the link text is first wrapped with
.linkWrap and then with the A-tag

stdWrap: all stdWrap properties available to apply to the link-text

This could lead to several solutions:

NO {
   allWrap = <li>|</li>
   linkWrap = <span class="glyphicons
   ATagBeforeWrap = 1
}

or

NO {
   allWrap = <li>|</li>
   stdWrap.wrap = <span class="glyphicons
}

Note: for a lot of menu's with a submenu the submenu should be put
inside the <li> of the parent level. This can be done by using
wrapItemAndSub instead of allWrap.

https://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/TyposcriptReference/MenuObjects/Tmenuitem/Index.html

--
Jigal van Hemert