[TYPO3-english] AMP pages, amp-img instead of img src from RTE

Jan Slusarczyk jan.slusarczyk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 23:01:36 CET 2016

> I think you missed something:
> the inserting of images is not done at rendering time (when a page is
> called and/or the cache is filled), but when the editor is saing his
> work: RTE images are not stored in a special field but the HTML-Tag for
> the image is stored mid between all the other text. so there is no
> (easy) possibility to chnage the rendering afterwards. alos there is no
> hint to the original image as only a reference to the final image is
> inserted.
>
> all that is the reason you should avoid enabling editors to insert
> images in the RTE.

My understanding is that RTE transformations are necessary during the
render time. RTE inserts a tag into the content record, but it's not the
final form of the img tag as it needs to be transformed with a final FAL
target file, compression etc. From Stanislas message it seems that I am
right and that there is a way to insert a custom rendering function in
there. My typo3 installation dates back to 3.8 version and inserting the
image through the RTE was not unwise back then...

As I wrote I am looking for a way to add AMP version for an existing,
large website, and to be honest I'm surprised that the amp-image issue
hasn't surfaced yet.

Jan