[TYPO3-english] solved - Re: All fileadmin files and sub directories disappeared

Bernd Wilke t3n at pi-phi.de
Thu Jan 21 09:05:10 CET 2016

Am 21.01.2016 um 08:45 schrieb Katja Lampela:
> Ok, the files and folders hadn't disappeared. Only the permissions were
> wrong even though the install tool suggested everything to be right.
>
> Anyway, with this instruction I got everything back:
> http://www.ajado.com/blog/how-to-set-permissions-for-typo3-on-the-webserver/

just one notice as this is often done wrong:

dont use
	chmod 775 -R *
for all files and directories.
for directories you need these settings but for files this setting is
wrong: not all your files are executable (propably none is executable,
with very, very rare exceptions)
if you use a shell with ls-coloring you always wonder about all that
eye-catching (-hurting?) colors.

therefore I normaly use:
find . -type d -exec chmod 775 "{}" \;
find . -type f -exec chmod 664 "{}" \;

which changes the directories and files to their specific permissions.
(you may replace the '.' (first parameter) with an appropiate path to
your webroot if you execute it from somewhere else)

bernd