[TYPO3-english] config.spamProtectEmailAddresses not working

Bernd Wilke t3n at pi-phi.de
Wed Jan 13 13:18:48 CET 2016

Am 13.01.2016 um 11:32 schrieb Katja Lampela:
> Hi,
>
> TYPO3 6.2.17
> Javascript spam protection of email link doesn't work. The email program
> isn't activated after clicking, nothing happens.
>
> Chrome's inspector gives error:
>
> 2(program):1 Uncaught ReferenceError: linkTo_UnCryptMailto is not defined
>
> What would be the best way to inspect what is wrong?

what is wrong: the (default) javascript to uncrypt the link is missing.
either it is not loaded at all or the javascript is corrupted and that
function is not accessible globaly.
have you any javascript errors on page load?
is the javascript source available?
someone tempering with loading javascript? (in TS or at page load)

> I'm not sure how long this malfunction has been, but I did recently
> update the core to 6.2.17.

I don't think it's the core. I would suspect typoscript configuration or
other extensions which load JS.

> I have as a basis the bootstrap_package and it's version 6.2.4. Now I
> haven't dared to update it, being afraid it breaks the site, but could
> it affect like this?

anything can affect anything.
best to test it on a copy.

bernd