[TYPO3-english] theoretical question security

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Sat Jan 9 12:46:40 CET 2016

Hi "A",

Is "A" your real name? Please use your own name in these mailing
lists/forums; we're all real people so it's considered polite to use our
real names.

On 08/01/2016 20:54, typo3dev wrote:
> i wonder how to secure typo3
> basics is httAuth, there is no possibility to change default directories so
>
> my questions
> - how to secure typo3 directory? any tricks

Read the security guide:
https://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/SecurityGuide/Index.html

> - is there reason to install typo3 ext on non standart folders?

No,  security by obscurity is not a good choice. Files inside extensions
are often used as publicly available assets (images/css/etc). So, if you
modify the core to have extensions live in another directory a visitor
to your site can easily detect that location.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!