[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 vers 6.2/7.x under XAMPP or WAMP on Windows 7/10

Luis E. Suarez nospam at please.com
Fri Jan 8 01:47:30 CET 2016

On 07-Jan-16 04:17 AM, Jigal van Hemert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 05/01/2016 15:49, Luis E. Suarez wrote:
>> My question is: Is there anyone able to run TYPO3 ver 6.2 and 7.x under
>> XAMPP or WAMP on Windows 7/8/10?
>
> I had problems in the past with OpenSSL and XAMPP on my Vista
> installation, but that also solved in the end.
> After that I installed XAMPP on Win 8.1 with no problems and upgraded
> that installation to Win 10 (just kept working).
>
> I've added a few environment variables to windows that help in various
> ways in TYPO3 or XAMPP:
>
> OPENSSL_CONF | D:\webserver\apache\conf\openssl.cnf
> TYPO3_CONTEXT | Development
> TYPO3_PATH_WEB | D:/webserver/htdocs
>
> Recent XAMPP distributions come with an OpenSSL component that is
> working quite well.
>
> (Of course you need to add the ThreadStackSize setting in your Apache
> configuration, but that is well documented)

Jan and Jigal, thanks for your response

I tried your suggestions and searched again for a solution in the web
and neither one work.
Then I searched for openSSL source and realized that a Windows version
exists, so I downloaded "Win64 OpenSSL v1.0.2e Light" and voila it works
without messing up the XAMPP/WAMP config files nor the Windows
environmental path.  Simply and straight.
To be sure I uninstalled everything and tried all over again.  It Works!
For anyone interested: http://slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html

Cheers
Luis