[TYPO3-english] Processing data from Powermail tables with Typoscript

Graham Knight graham.knight5 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 12:25:39 CET 2016

Hi,

I am using Powermail to generate a form to collect data. (The data concerns bike rides; name of rider, date of ride, distance etc.) This is all working and the form data ends up in the table tx_powermail_domain_model_answers. I was hoping to write some Typoscript to select data from this table and display it in various ways; list all rides by one rider, list riders ordered by total distance ridden etc.

It seemed to me it was difficult to do this with Typoscript given the way the data is stored in the Powermail table - one row per form field rather that one row per form. So, I decided to create my own table with one row per form. This works fine, however, TYPO3 (v6.2.13) refuses to process my table as it is not defined in the TCA.

Is a Typoscript-only approach simply wrong? Would I be better to write an extension and do all the processing with PHP?

Many thanks.

Graham