[TYPO3-english] cookieDomain issue

Loek Hilgersom loek at netcoop.nl
Fri Feb 12 11:42:11 CET 2016

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with the [SYS][cookieDomain] setting.

I have a production server on www.domain.com, including a number of subdomains,
and test and acceptation servers on test.domain.com and acceptation.domain.com.
Because we need the cookieDomain set at '.domain.com' we are running into
BE-login issues on the test and acc servers, obviously because the cookies of
the different servers interfere with eachother. I can only login on the test
server after removing the session cookie for .domain.com

The problems only started after upgrading from 4.5 to 6.2, with 4.5 we never had
that problem, though the settings were the same.

Does somebody know what has been changed there, or how I can get around this
problem?

Thanks,
Loek