[TYPO3-english] Integrate Backend as Iframe

Simon Prammer simon.prammer at incert.at
Mon Feb 8 10:04:04 CET 2016

Hello lovely people!

I am currently trying to integrate the Typo3 Backend/Backend Login into an Iframe of another Website/Backend. Basically i do not want to force the user to switch Tab or show a Pop up with the Typo3 Backup when he is already logged into my other site.
(Caution: All the following links in the example are dummy links)

The html to test it is just a basic iframe:
<iframe style="width: 100%; height: 800px" src="mywebsite.com/typo3/index.php"/>

Now when i try this, the Typo3 Backend seems to not like this at all. I get the following error:
"Load denied by X-Frame-Options: mywebsite.com/typo3/backend.php does not permit cross-origin framing."

After some research i found that it SHOULD be possible to manipulate these x-frame-options. So i tried to put several code lines into my .htaccess site to chance these...sadly without success. None of the following variants worked:

Header set X-Frame-Options "UNSET"
Header always unset X-Frame-Options
Header always append X-Frame-Options ALLOWALL
Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin: "theotherwebsite.com"

All the other tries to directly disable the x-frame-options with PHP also did not lead to success.
If anyone has a solution or a suggestion for this problem i would be very happy to hear it!

Thank you for the help =)