[TYPO3-english] Custom TS menu - output description/abstract

Bernd Wilke t3n at pi-phi.de
Wed Feb 3 08:39:11 CET 2016

Am 02.02.2016 um 12:31 schrieb Tom Warwick:
> Bernd,
>
> This works perfectly, thank you very much.
>
> For reference, this is my TS to display the Description field in my
> submenu.
>
> lib.subMenu = HMENU
> lib.subMenu.entryLevel = -1
> lib.subMenu.required = 1
> lib.subMenu.1 = TMENU
> lib.subMenu.1.wrap = <ul>|</ul>
> lib.subMenu.1.noBlur=1
>
> lib.subMenu.1.NO {
> allWrap = <li class="toplevel">|</li>
> ACT = 1
> ACT.wrapItemAndSub = <li class="active">|</li>
> after.cObject = TEXT
> after.cObject {
> field = description // abstract
> wrap = |
> }
> }

oops?
so the TS is shown unindented [1] I think you have some brace errors:
ACT is inside of NO, which will have no result.
for better readability: try to use braces as soon, as there are more
than 1 sublevel:

your code:

lib.subMenu = HMENU
lib.subMenu {
   entryLevel = -1
   required = 1
   1 = TMENU
   1 {
     wrap = <ul>|</ul>
     noBlur=1
     NO {
       allWrap = <li class="toplevel">|</li>
       ACT = 1
       ACT.wrapItemAndSub = <li class="active">|</li>
       after.cObject = TEXT
       after.cObject {
         field = description // abstract
         wrap = |
       }
     }
   }
}

more correct code:

lib.subMenu = HMENU
lib.subMenu {
   entryLevel = -1
   required = 1
   1 = TMENU
   1 {
     wrap = <ul>|</ul>
     noBlur = 1
     // not neccessary but makes copying later on easier:
     NO = 1
     NO {
       wrapItemAndSub = <li class="toplevel">|</li>
       after.cObject = TEXT
       after.cObject {
         field = description // abstract
         // what for?
         wrap = |
       }
     ACT < .NO
     ACT.wrapItemAndSub = <li class="active">|</li>
   }
}

[1] depending on your way of submitting [2] you may have problems to
insert spaces at line beginning or see them.
You may provide indention with dots.
you may look at the html-source to see indentions and html-tags of a posting

[2] this information can be retrieved as forum, mailinglist or
newsgroup. each has it's pros and cons, but all lack of a clean
possibility to display code, especially if the data is transferred

bernd