[TYPO3-english] Typo3 7.6 Image effects - Intro Package not working?

Chris Hodgkins chris at chrishodgkins.com
Tue Aug 23 23:20:41 CEST 2016

Hello, I'm trying out Typo3 7.6.10 and the Intro package I think you
call it.

Apologies for a basic question but I must be missing something very
obvious, but can not work out how to get Image Effects working in a
test Typo3 installation.
The Install checks out fine; tests within the backend System -> Install
Convert Image Formats, Writing gif... , Scaling, Combining, GDlib all
look good. Alas when I visit the link from the front end for
Congratulations -> Content Examples -> Image effects I don't see what
I'm expecting: It outputs 3 'Normal' Images, and then below lists
'Rotate 90 CCW' / 'Rotate -90' etc. but all images displayed are not
rotated / sharpened / changed in anyway, and look exactly like the
'Normal' images.

I went to the Typo3 org demo site at http://cms-next.demo.typo3.org/ind
ex.php?id=26 and I see the same.

How do you get basic image effects working.

Thanks for your time
Cheers Chris