[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 CMS, multiple app servers and load balancing

Brian Hauge Hansen brian.hauge at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 17:41:10 CEST 2016

Hi Daniel

One question, any specific reasons for having a 2 server setup instead of 3?

Mvh
Brian
Den 22/04/2016 15.42 skrev "Michael Schams" <typo3 at 2016.schams.net>:

On Wed, 2016-04-20 at 21:38 +0200, Daniel Neugebauer wrote:

> We are running one 4.5 website on two backend servers behind HAProxy
> (upgrade to 7 LTS planned, read the end). Both servers are standing next
> to each other and are linked directly via a second ethernet card.
[...]
> Hope it helps,

Daniel - you are awesome :-) Many thanks for taking the time and writing
such a detailed description of your setup and your experience. It is
very informative and I really appreciate your feedback!

We have a few clients where I consider a scalable setup: one LB and x
application servers. The LB monitors the server load and/or number of
simultaneous requests and spins up more application servers as required
in order to distribute the load across multiple TYPO3 instances.

That's not a problem so far... but the challenges I am facing are the
files (e.g. temp files created by TYPO3 CMS) and a (shared) DB: in my
(intended) scenario, multiple TYPO3 instances access one DB at the same
time and read/write temp files, which are located at a central place
(e.g. via NFS).

Again - thanks for your input. It's very useful indeed.
It's always interesting which scenarios others have implemented.

Cheers
Michael