[TYPO3-english] Typo3 7.6.5 + tx_news + add field with one extension

Éric Thibault Eric.Thibault at bsw.ulaval.ca
Mon Apr 25 01:40:48 CEST 2016

Hello to all!

I’ve made an extension to add a new field to tx_news.  Everything works great but I would like to place my new field between 2 existing tx_news fields!

I’ve succeeded thus far to add it with the method addFieldsToPalette to an existing palette (limited choice) like so :

\TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\ExtensionManagementUtility::addFieldsToPalette(
        'tx_news_domain_model_news',
        'paletteArchive',
        '--linebreak--,mynewfield,
        ''
);

Is there a way to add my new field in it’s own palette and place that palette where I want?

Thanks for the input!

Eric Thibault