[TYPO3-english] Typo3 6.2.15 - tt-news - 3.6.0 rte resize image

Éric Thibault Eric.Thibault at bsw.ulaval.ca
Fri Apr 15 17:29:51 CEST 2016

Hello to all!

Typo3 6.2.15 - tt-news - 3.6.0

We are strugling at the moment with images inserted inside the RTE of tt_news (news 4.2.1 works OK in Typo3 7.6.4).  We are able to configure the max width and height of images in the media tab but nothing works in the rte... images are always resized to 300px of width (even with smaller images)!

We've tested configurations like this but the processed images were resized to the max of 1000px (small and large) in the rte but in the frontend, they were procesed at a width of 300px (smaller or larger than 300px)

RTE.default.buttons.image.options.magic.maxWidth = 1000
RTE.default.buttons.image.options.magic.maxHeight = 1000
RTE.default.buttons.image.options.plain.maxWidth = 1000
RTE.default.buttons.image.options.plain.maxHeight = 1000
RTE.buttons.image < RTE.default.buttons.image

There is a lot of posts on Google depicting that behavior but nothing seems to help so far!

Thanks for your help!!!

Eric Thibault