[TYPO3-english] News extension and RealURL urls

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 09:30:31 CEST 2016

Hi!

Jacob Roe wrote:
> My page tree is like this:
> Root > News (list) > View (detail)
>
> I'm using RealURL config according to manual:
> https://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/news/AdministratorManual/BestPractice/Realurl/Index.html
>
> I end up with urls like this:
> mysite.com/news/view/news/detail/News/some-news-title/
>
> How can I shorten to this:
> mysite.com/news/some-news-title/

1. If you want to skip "view", you have to display single news on the
same page as list view. I am not sure if EXT:news can do that.
2. "news"  is most likely a postVarSet name. Change to fixedPostVars to
get rid of it.
3. "detail/News/" is extbase action and controller. To get rid of them
you need to use something like this in your TS:

[globalVar = GP:tx_news_pi1|news > 0]
config.defaultGetVars {
   tx_news_pi1.action = detail
   tx_news_pi1.controller = News
}
[global]

I am not 100% if the last step will work. It depends on the extension
and how it links to the news detail page.

Only item #2 is related to realurl and only to its configuration. The
rest depends on the news extension.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Today is a good day to have a good day.