[TYPO3-english] Typo3 Extension issue

Vinesh Gohil vineshkumar.gohil at e-zest.in
Wed Sep 30 11:47:31 CEST 2015

I am facing problem with extension installation with postgreSQL database.

I have tried to install "imagecycle" external extension by below steps.

- Downloaded "imagecycle_2.7.7.t3x" file from typo3 extension list.

- Login with typo3 back-end and click on "Extension Manager"
ADMIN TOOLS > Extension Manager

- Click on Upload Extension Button on top left, page open with browse options

- Click on browse button and select imagecycle_2.7.7.t3x extension and click on Upload button.

- After upload click, it shows in the list but i can see some difference in table level.
  Mysql: it updates table "pages" and added some fields
  PostgreSQL: not able to update pages table.

So Below is my query:

1. Pages table is updated and new fields added in mysql
2. For PostgreSQL, no fields table updated. 3. When i check ext_table.sql file for this extension. There is only create table statement not update statement. So i think mysql converts create statement into update statement. Any idea which controller and function used for this conversation.
 4. Also, What are the right steps for uploading external extension into typo3.

Highly appreciate your feedback and suggestions.

Thanks,
Vinesh