[TYPO3-english] Using TYPO3.CMS.git as submodule

Markus Klein markus.klein at typo3.org
Fri Sep 18 16:10:21 CEST 2015

Hi Arno!

IMO there is no need for such repository.

We either download the latest release (which includes the vendor folder) via get.typo3.org or indeed checkout the needed branch from the original repo and simply run a "composer install -o --no-dev".
That's all and very easy.

Btw, the downloadable releases are created just like that: checkout from git, run composer, create zip/tgz

Kind regards
Markus

Markus Klein
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributors Team Member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: typo3.org