[TYPO3-english] Using TYPO3.CMS.git as submodule

Xavier Perseguers xavier.perseguers at typo3.org
Fri Sep 18 12:28:30 CEST 2015

Hi Arno,

> "Why simple if it can be complicated." :)
>
> This will be indeed a radical change. We now using a running deploy
> process which includes resources as submodule if possible. Before TYPO3
> v7 it was easy to update the core and the extension by just switching
> the tag. This is really helpfull after a certain number of projects.
>
> I'm now a little bit dissatisfied, cause it takes a while until it works
> like now.
>
> Now I try a workaround, but it will be usefull to distribute a complete
> working version on git.typo3.org.

I agree. If you don't want to add the additinal complexity of switching
your scripts to using composer, or "polluting" your root with required
bins and vendors, you may do the same as I did a few months ago: create
your own TYPO3 core git repository, mirrored from the official one but
having a corresponding "custom tag" which includes the missing composer
requirements. You (probably) won't be able to use the development branch
but could easily have each and every 7.x tag with everything in it,
effectively going on with submodules.

Kind regards

--
Xavier Perseguers