[TYPO3-english] Re: Re: Re: Using TYPO3.CMS.git as submodule

Viktor Livakivskyi invisible.kinder at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 10:36:34 CEST 2015

Hi, Arno

> You bring me up to an idea: I'm not so versed in using composer, but is
> it possible to set my own composer.json in the project dir and load the
> vender-stuff in the project-root, so I can keep the typo3 repo clean?

This can be a bit tricky, if you load everything except TYPO3 via Composer, but you can try it playing with --working-dir [1].

Alternatively you may use --prefer-source [2] and include TYPO3 via Composer, but the difference will be in fact, that Composer will use TYPO3 Git repo instead of Packagist, resulting in a cloned Git repo in your location.

Or you can play around with defining own repositories [3].

In worst case you can copy-paste composer.json and composer.lock from typo3_src to your project root and run "composer install".

So, it's time for experiments :)

[1]: https://getcomposer.org/doc/03-cli.md#global-options
[2]: https://getcomposer.org/doc/03-cli.md#install
[3]: https://getcomposer.org/doc/05-repositories.md#vcs