[TYPO3-english] Mailinglists used by Spammers

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Sun Sep 6 15:24:37 CEST 2015

Hi Andreas Becker,

Andreas Becker wrote:

> It would be great if this could be stopped! Thanks

The spammer always come through the forum. The only thing we can do
currently is to ban the spammer and to delete the topics created. However
the delete is not synced to the newsgroup/ML.

We could change to making admins approve the first post of a new user if
posted trough the forum, however this would create quite some extra work
(~10 new users every day from various time zones) and it creates a lot of
inconvenience for first time posters because there post might not show up
for a few hours.

BTW, those spammers always start in the asia forum and the just work their
way down the board.

Best regards
Certified Integrator – Active contributor TYPO3 CMS
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!